Urgent Care or Emergency Care?
Go directly to the nearest hospital or call 911 if you are experiencing chest pain, abdominal pain, have sustained multiple injuries, are unsure if your condition is serious or feel it may be worsening.
It's important to know the difference between the services available in an emergency department (Emergency Room ER) and those available at a walk-in urgent care center before an accident, incident or illness arises.
The Emergency Department is a Level II Trauma Center available to accommodate your needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Walk-In Urgent Care Center provides patients access to prompt medical care for minor illnesses or injury without an appointment. But to receive the best possible care, you need to make sure you’re in the right place.
Emergency Department / Emergency Room
Go directly to the nearest hospital or call 911 if you are experiencing chest pain, abdominal pain, have sustained multiple injuries, are unsure if your condition is serious or feel it may be worsening. Other reasons to go to the Emergency Department include:
- Uncontrolled bleeding;
- Seizure or loss of consciousness;
- Chest pain or squeezing sensation in the chest;
- Shortness of breath;
- Suspected overdose or poisoning;
- Sudden paralysis or slurred speech;
- Broken bones;
- Severe pain;
- Active labor.
Urgent Care / Walk-in Care
It is important to remember to call your doctor before seeking walk-In urgent care services. If you are unable to get an immediate appointment with your doctor, or if the office is closed, your doctor may advise you to seek walk-in urgent care services. Reasons to go to the Walk-In Urgent Care Center include:
- Medical treatment for minor illness and injury;
- Imaging services;
- Medical treatment for work-related injuries and worker's compensation checks;
- Sprains and minor fractures;
- Sore throats and colds;
- Muscle aches and pains;
- Cuts, scrapes and minor wounds;
- Difficult or painful urination;
- Minor burns;
- Back strain;
- Minor eye injuries, infections or irritations;
- Other minor conditions.