Multiple Sclerosis Care
If you're seeking Multiple Sclerosis (MS) care that focuses on your body, mind, emotions and environment, as well as emphasizes intervention, prevention and education, count on the team of MS specialists at Concord Hospital Neurology.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of a neurologist, mental health specialist, nurse, nurse practitioner, physical therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, nutritionist, as well as medical assistants, peer volunteers and National Multiple Sclerosis Society representatives. Together they provide expert consultations and diagnostic evaluations, manage disease-modifying therapies, and provide comprehensive symptom management, education, and health counseling. They also coordinate referrals for wellness and rehabilitation services as needed.
The MS Speciality Care Program at Neurology Associates is a member of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC).
Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Services
- Neurological evaluations, diagnostic consultations and symptom treatments
- Disease-modifying therapy and intrathecal baclofen (ITB) therapy
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy
- Nutrition evaluations and counseling with a registered dietitian
- Behavioral health evaluation and treatment services, including brief cognitive assesments, medication management, counseling, and behavioral self-mangement skills training, including sleep hygiene, energy conservation, and basic cognitive compensatory skills
- Social services evaluation and assistance
- Disability and insurance counseling
- Access to support groups certified by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Partners in MS Care - Center for Comprehensive Care
As a Partners in MS Care approved Center for Comprehensive Care, our program is led by clinicians with demonstrated knowledge and experience in treating MS; who offer and coordinate a full array of medical, nursing, mental health, rehabilitation, and social services and have a strong collaborative relationship with the National MS Society.
Outreach, Education & Advocacy
Our team is involved in MS-related outreach, education and advocacy efforts across New England and the country including regular participation in:
- Patient and provider education programs;
- Support group educational sessions;
- Educational sessions and lectures facilitated by leading MS organizations;
- Journey of Hope, an annual fundraiser to benefit MS research, patient education and wellness programs.