Center for Health Promotion FAQs
Why is Concord Hospital Center for Health Promotion closing?
Concord Hospital is committed to developing health and wellness opportunities for our patients and the communities we serve. As the healthcare environment continues to evolve, we require a new community health model that is broader and includes restructuring how the Hospital helps patients and community members navigate and engage in health and wellness offerings. There are several reasons to adjust our approach to health and wellness offerings.
- Programming similar to what Center for Health Promotion provides is now available through other organizations or at other facilities within the community. This has increased significantly in the last few years.
- The location of Center for Health Promotion has been challenging due to transportation and parking challenges.
- Improving the programmatic alignment with our overall patient population needs is essential with special emphasis on vulnerable populations and employees.
- We must heighten our focus on evidence-based programs, which can reduce the risk for future health problems and improve quality of life for patients with certain chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and pulmonary disease.
- We will partner with community organizations, like the YMCA and others, to offer programs that are more accessible to a broader group of patients and communities extending well beyond Concord.
- Linking our system to a community network coordinated by our population health team will raise awareness of local resources.
Our new community health model includes:
- Health and wellness programming;
- Enhanced partnership with Capital Region Health Care partners including Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association and Riverbend Community Mental Health;
- Development of a Community Health Worker program;
- An integrated systems approach to connect patients to social service and community-based organizations; and
- Taking advantage of mobile health strategies, including telehealth and online resources, particularly as we continue to adapt and respond to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
How do I get a refund for class registrations or class credits on my account?
Center for Health Promotion clients who are registered for upcoming classes or who have a credit on their account, will receive a full refund either by check or credit card. For more information or to inquire about a refund, call (603) 230-7300.