You can count on the Breast Care Center for all aspects of your breast health and breast cancer concerns including, lumps, pain, nipple discharge, abnormal mammogram or ultrasound, risk assessment, genetic counseling, and history of cancer. As a regional referral resource, the Center offers everything from diagnosis and treatment to post-operative care and support. For you, this means quality breast care close to home.
- Diagnosis (ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided needle biopsies)
- Imaging (3D mammography tomosynthesis, ultrasound, and MRI)
- Treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation oncology, sentinel lymph node biopsy, axillary lymph node dissection)
- Genetic evaluation (risk assessment, testing, counseling)
- Rehabilitation (lymphedema screening and treatment)
- Patient navigation (guiding patients through the complex cancer care system to ensure timely diagnosis and treatment)
- Clinical trials, research, and quality studies
- Community education and screening. (Support groups facilitated by a nurse practitioner and counselor, and lending print, video, and audio materials)
The Genetic Counseling Program, through the Breast Care Center, is in collaboration with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). DFCI genetic counselors are available to provide consultation to our patients, along with input from an NHOH physician. All cases are reviewed by the team at DFCI's Cancer Risk & Prevention Program.
The Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), which means it has met all of NAPBC's standards for Center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement.