Become a Volunteer
When you become a volunteer you join a special group of people who share their skills and time to enhance the well-being and comfort of others. As a volunteer you can count on helping others, forming new friendships and acquiring new interests and skills — while using your time, talent and uniqueness to make a difference for patients, visitors and staff.
Who Are Concord Hospital Volunteers?
Our volunteers are caring community members. People with an interest in giving their time, talent and uniqueness to make a positive impact. They are also people exploring career opportunities. Volunteering is one way to learn more about what you’re looking for in regards to your career. Our volunteers are people like you.
Student Volunteer Program
Students must be at least 14-years-old to apply for our Student Volunteer Program. The program offers an opportunity for young people to learn about healthcare careers, develop new skills and make new friends. If you're interested in earning community service hours for school, complete our student volunteer application.
Why Volunteer at Concord Hospital?
Volunteering is helpful, fun and rewarding. Our volunteers experience camaraderie with fellow volunteers, as well as staff. They also appreciate our welcoming and supportive environment.
Patient Related Volunteer Opportunities
When you interact with patients and visitors, you enhance their experience with us.
- Pathfinder: Greet and escort patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Book Cart: Visit patient care units with our book cart to offer patients free books and magazines.
- Art Cart: Visit patients to invite participation in arts, crafts and recreational activities.
- Art a la Cart: Visit patient care units with our cart of matted prints to offer for display and enjoyment.
- Bingo: Call and record numbers for live, televised patient bingo games. Plus, deliver prizes to game winners.
- Radiation Oncology: Visit patients waiting for treatments and assist staff with clerical work.
- Chemotherapy: Visit patients receiving treatments and maintain patient and visitor snack bar.
- Emergency Department: Offer patients companionship and perform activities to help staff deliver care.
- Patient Visitor: Take part in patient rounds and provide activities to enhance the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Family Surgical Waiting Area: Support surgical liaisons in keeping families informed of their loved one's progress during surgery. Plus, provides escorts and information as needed.
- Pets Uplift People (PUP) therapeutic dog visits on selected patient care units.
- Cuddler: Support the work of our maternity nurses by providing extra sets of loving arms to hold and comfort babies experiencing Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome symptoms. (There is a waiting list for this opportunity. If you want to be added to the waiting list, please complete an adult volunteer application.)
Non-Patient Related Volunteer Opportunities
When you volunteer with staff, you support their work to fulfill our mission.
- Volunteer Services Workroom: Prepare patient information packets, mailings and other projects as needed.
- Gift Shop: Stock shelves, set-up displays, make coffee, and inflates balloons.
- Craft Committee: Sew or knit hats, sweaters and blankets for newborns. Handcraft socks, IV sleeves, walker bags, lap quilts and prayer shawls for patients.
How Are Concord Hospital Volunteers Scheduled?
We work with you to find the best fit with your schedule.
How to Become a Concord Hospital Volunteer
You must be at least 14 years of age to volunteer and you must complete an application. Complete and submit application forms.
- Submitting working papers if you are under 16 years of age.
- Passing a background check.
- Interviewing with Volunteer Services Manager.
- Completing volunteer orientation.
Concord Hospital Trust Volunteers
Concord Hospital Trust, our philanthropic arm, offers volunteer opportunities separate from the Volunteer Services Department. If you're interested in volunteering to support our Trust call (603) 225-2711, ext. 3076.