How to Apply
The application process involves completing an application form. Applications for the 2021-2022 Surgical Technology Program will be accepted starting December 1, 2020. The deadline for the completed application is March 31, 2021.
The first step toward applying is requesting an application.
You're accessed on your demonstrated scholastic achievement, work experience, basic skills assessment test, and potential for success in the program. Assessment is based on the following:
- Applicants must have successfully completed the minimal educational requirements for graduation from state-approved high schools, or submit documentation of acceptable equivalent (GED);
- Each applicant must arrange for official transcripts to be sent from the last high school attended and from all colleges attended (college credits non-transferable). If an applicant received a high school equivalency diploma, an official copy of the diploma must be sent;
- Three references from individuals not related to the applicant, including a current teacher and/or employer;
- Pre-entrance interview with the Program director, instructors, and admissions committee;
- A minimum score of 18 on basic language and mathematics skills (Wonderlic) exam administered during the pre-entrance interview;
- A completed application does not guarantee acceptance into the program;
- Successful completion of student “pre-screening” physical exam requirements;
- Criminal background check with satisfactory results (provided by the institution);
- Documentation of current liability insurance coverage (minimum $1,000,000 each incident/ $3,000,000 aggregate);
- Documentation of current coverage by a health insurance plan.