NH Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency
At the NH Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency (NHDFMR), we offer a learner-centered program that will prepare you for wherever your career takes you. Medical care delivery is undergoing some exciting changes and NHDFMR is right in the center of it all. As the leading division of the Concord Hospital Medical Group (CHMG), a group of more than 255 primary and specialty care providers, we have led CHMG in the Patient Centered Medical Home evolution and, more recently, into becoming an Accountable Care Organization. The use of multidisciplinary teams, medical informatics, group visits, and care plans for both urgent care and for complex patients are all examples of innovation currently in use in our clinics. Our faculty and residents are leading the way for health care innovation in the Granite State.
We provide excellent preparation for full spectrum family medicine and community leadership. We sincerely hope you will come visit us. We would appreciate the opportunity to introduce you to the talented, diverse group of residents, faculty, and staff we have been fortunate to attract. We look forward to learning more about you, educating you about us and showing how you can make a difference!
Dominic Geffken, MD, MPH
NHDFMR Program Director
We're recognized leaders in family medicine education and we model multi-professional team-based care.
We provide comprehensive care to patients in our community with an emphasis on under-served populations. We develop physicians and other health professionals to serve and lead in a variety of systems.
- 8-8-8 program
- Unopposed community-based program with all core teaching at Concord Hospital
- Multidisciplinary faculty including 11 family physicians (four of whom provide obstetrical care), pediatricians, obstetricians/gynecologists, a psychotherapist, and social workers
- Rural continuity clinic experience in Hillsboro, NH for two residents from each class
- Combined family medicine/preventive medicine residency program that focuses on quality improvement within the clinical microsystem
- Healthcare delivery systems, e.g. Accountable Care Organizations
- Level 3 PCMH
- Quality improvement experts
- Combined Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency
Training Physicians to Be Leaders
- Systems training-adaptive leadership
- Learning organizations
- An expanded model of care
Supportive Environment, Inclusiveness
- LGBT Safe Zone
- Family friendly
- Peer support groups
Concord Hospital as a Training Environment
- Family Medicine is the only residency on site
- Collegial relationship with specialists
- State of the art simulation center
- Healthy cafeteria with great food
Engaged, Integrated Faculty
- Actively mentor residents
- Open door policy
- Diverse interests