NH Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency
Dear Prospective Residents,
At the NH Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency (NHDFMR), we offer a learner-centered program that will prepare you for wherever your career takes you. Medical care delivery is undergoing some exciting changes and NHDFMR is right in the center of it all. As the leading division of the Concord Hospital Medical Group (CHMG), a group of more than 345 primary and specialty care providers, we have led CHMG in the Patient-Centered Medical Home evolution and, more recently, into becoming an Accountable Care Organization. The use of multidisciplinary teams, medical informatics, group visits, and care plans for both urgent care and for complex patients are all examples of innovation currently in use in our clinics. Our faculty and residents are leading the way for healthcare innovation in the Granite State.
We provide excellent preparation for full-spectrum family medicine and community leadership. We sincerely hope you will come to visit us. We would appreciate the opportunity to introduce you to the talented, diverse group of residents, faculty, and staff we have been fortunate to attract. We look forward to learning more about you, educating you about us and showing how you can make a difference!
Dominic Geffken, MD, MPH
NHDFMR Program Director
We develop physicians and other health professionals to serve and lead in a variety of systems. We provide comprehensive care to patients in our community with an emphasis on under-served populations.
We're recognized leaders in family medicine education and we model multi-professional team-based care.
- 8-8-8 unopposed program in a regional medical center
- Interdisciplinary faculty including internal medicine, obstetrician-gynecologists, psychiatrist and psychologist
- Three-year longitudinal leadership development curriculum (Systems)
- Supportive, collaborative environment and teachers
- Variety of home and away elective choices
- Integrated behavioral health model and curriculum
- Strong inpatient adult medicine experience with hospitalists and intensivists
- Diverse medical diagnoses
- Family Health Center - Concord caring for culturally diverse underserved population and a designated refugee resettlement site for the country
- Family Health Center - Hillsboro rural clinical site for two residents per year
- Community Care - Homeless clinic, school-based clinic, college and high school sports physical and frail elder home care
- Interdisciplinary team care - Behavioral health, nutrition and osteopathy
- Leadership Preventative Medicine Residency with funded MPH at The Dartmouth Institute and twelve-month Quality Improvement practicum
- (Systems) curriculum-enhanced training in leadership development, team-based care, interpersonal communication, engaging complexity and narrative medicine
- Leaders for quality improvement within program, clinic and hospital system
- Family Medicine clerkship and elective site for medical students
- Training site for behavioral health interns and psychology practicum students