Concord Hospital's Healthy Beginnings Endowment
Marking its 25th anniversary, Concord Hospital’s Healthy Beginnings Endowment awarded nearly $59,000 in 2021 grants to seven non-profit organizations that support young children and families. The Endowment, administered by Concord Hospital Trust, provides grants annually to programs, services and projects that contribute to positive child development and parenting education designed to strengthen the health of the family.
The Endowment was established in 1996. Overall, it has presented more than $1.1 million to community non-profits. Through an application process and Advisory Committee recommendations, the 2021 grants were awarded to:
- Waypoint - The Children's Place, Concord: $4,000 to provide high-quality childcare, parent education and social support programming;
- Granite VNA: $7,500 for Baby’s First Homecoming;
- Concord School District: $20,000 for Family Center Programming;
- Family Promise of Greater Concord: $5,000 for Pathways to Independence-assisting homeless families to secure stable housing;
- Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center, Antrim: $10,000 for Family Support and Services programming;
- Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Statewide: $7,600 to develop and promote the critical literacy skills of deaf and hard of hearing children;
- The Family Place at Concord Hospital: $4,000 to provide parenting and safety education to families in the Lakes Region.
The Healthy Beginnings Endowment Advisory Committee includes Oge Young, MD, Chair; Robert Kiefner, MD; Linda Mattlage, ARNP; Cindall Morrison, CNM; Donna Raycraft; Lauren Savage; Aimee Valeras, PhD, LICSW; Carl Moskey, and Nancy Van Vranken, MD.
To learn more about the Healthy Beginnings Endowment or to contribute, visit ch-trust.org or call (603) 227-7162.