HOPE Isn’t Canceled! Pedaling for Payson’s 15th Anniversary Cycling Event Pedals on in Support of Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer Care Patients and Families
While COVID-19 has altered many things in the healthcare world, and health systems have faced new challenges, one thing continuing to march on is the battle against cancer. Cancer doesn’t stop for COVID-19. Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer Care is battling through the pandemic, seeing patients for necessary surgeries and ongoing treatment plans. Whether patients are being met at the door by staff members and escorted to their appointment, or finishing up treatments and ringing that bell with their families cheering behind them through the window, Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer Care’s Nurse Navigator program and the HOPE Resource Center remains a necessity to patients and their families.
On Saturday, September 12, join cycling enthusiasts from around the State at the 15th annual Pedaling for Payson fundraising event. Monies raised supports the Pedaling for Hope Fund at Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer Care. The fund largely underwrites the Center's Nurse Navigator Program, which serves to coordinate both the medical treatment and community outreach for the most vulnerable cancer patients.
The event is being held at Elm Brook Park in Hopkinton and includes a variety of rides to choose from ranging from 16 to 57-mile rides and an adventurous mountain bike ride that includes a rest stop at Henniker Brewing Company. All routes will take cyclists through picturesque parts of New Hampshire and include rest stops featuring food and beverages. Upon completion of the ride, participants are invited to enjoy a barbeque lunch, refreshments and live entertainment at Elm Brook Park, all while keeping social distancing guidelines in mind. While ride day may have a modified schedule and alternate celebratory finish, the goal is the same – to support programs and services for patients undergoing treatment and facing medical, financial and emotional difficulties.
To date, Pedaling for Payson sponsors include:
- Premier sponsor: Concord Orthopaedics;
- Gold sponsors: Concord Imaging Center; Ragged Mountain Resort;
- Silver sponsors: Cerner; Harvey Construction Corporation; Johnny Prescott Oil; Ledyard National Bank; New Hampshire Distributors, Inc.; Swenson Granite Works; VOYA Financial;
- Bronze sponsors: Advantage Signs, Inc.; Associated Grocers of NE; Engelberth Construction; Lavallee Brensinger, PA; NH Center for Cancer Medicine, LLC; Radiation Oncology Associates; Sulloway & Hollis, PLLC; Tufts Health Freedom Plan;
- Friends sponsors: Concord Carpet Center; Goodale’s Bike Shop; LifeLine Ambulance Service; McLane Middleton, PA; North Country Tractor; Richard D. Bartlett & Associates; Ross Express; Vintage Kitchens.
Participants are invited to register online and create a fundraising page at pedalingforpayson.org. For more information call Concord Hospital Trust at (603) 227-7162.