Effective November 21, 2020, at 7 am
To help protect the health and safety of patients and staff, we've changed our visitor policy. Restriction details and applicable exceptions for specific departments are published on the visitor policy page.
We continue to follow Governor Sununu’s guidelines regarding our pandemic response. We have many protections in place, so please don’t wait to get the urgent or emergency care you need.
11/25/20: As of November 25, we've ordered COVID-19 tests for approximately 26,859 patients. To date, we've received results for 26,453 patients, which includes 392 COVID-19 positive results. Of the 392 positive results, eight patients are currently hospitalized.
Anyone seeking information about COVID-19 can call our COVID-19 screening and education hotline for the public which is staffed Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm. The hotline number is (603) 789-9123. COVID-19 testing is performed by appointment only and is scheduled through the screening and education hotline. If you need assistance during the weekend, call 211.
The turnaround time for COVID-19 tests vary from same day to 10 days based on the condition and patient status of the individual being tested.
Possible Symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Repeated shaking or chills
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Patients & Visitors
11/25/20 All dining areas in the Hospital are limited to one person per table.
11/16/20 Our COVID-19 diagnostic testing price list is available online.
11/06/20 Visitors are restricted from accompanying patients to outpatient visits. Restriction details and applicable exceptions for specific departments are published on the visitor policy page.
11/05/20 Visitors are restricted from accompanying patients to primary or specialty care visits and to diagnostic/imaging appointments, with the exception of those needing assistance.
10/28/20 Patients are limited to ONE VISITOR PER PATIENT PER PATIENT STAY in response to the increase of positive COVID-19 cases in the area.
- 10/14/20 Sale of floral arrangements, by Nicole's Greenhouse, resumes in the Hospital Gift Shop.
- 10/13/20 Buffs, bandanas and masks with exhalation valves are NOT adequate for preventing the person wearing the covering from spreading COVID-19 to others. Anyone entering a Concord Hospital facility wearing these coverings will be provided a mask to wear.
- 9/22/20 Patients are no longer required to designate ONE person to be the same visitor for the duration of their entire Hospital stay. While patients can still only have one visitor, the visitor can change day-to-day. This is a change from the visitation policy that was effective on July 25, 2020.
- 9/20/20 A staff member at Family Tree Health Care, a Concord Hospital Medical Group Practice in Hopkinton, has tested positive for COVID-19.
- 9/14/20 Volunteers, supporting patient BINGO through Concord Hospital Therapeutic Arts and Activities Department, return.
- 8/19/20 To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we require everyone entering our facilities to wear a mask, with the exception of children under 5-years-old. Masks with exhalation valves should NOT be worn to help prevent the person wearing the mask from spreading COVID-19 to others. * If you're unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition, notify your healthcare provider's office before arriving at your appointment to arrange special accommodations.
- 8/17/20 Expanded visiting hours for overnight (admitted) patients. The expanded hours are 11 am to 7 pm, seven days/wk. See policy effective July 25, 2020, for details on visitation. This change does not alter the current visitation guidelines for patients at end-of-life, or patients on maternity, pedi, ED, and DSC/OR/PST.
- 8/11/20 The cafe at CH Medical Offices North re-opens
- 7/25/20 overnight (admitted) patients may designate ONE care partner/caregiver to visit them during their Hospital stay during the visiting hours of Monday through Friday from 11 am to 8 pm and weekends from 10 am to 6 pm. This is the ONLY person allowed to visit for the patient’s entire Hospital stay. This change does not alter the current visitation guidelines for patients at end-of-life, or patients on maternity, pedi, ED, DSC/OR/PST and ICU.
- 7/20/20 The Prescription Center resumes delivery of prescriptions to admitted patients.
- 7/17/20 In-person pick up of medical records resumes.
- Elective surgery begins;
- Peri-operative visitors may visit the Karner Blue, cafeteria and/or Gift shops while on campus waiting for patient information;
- Pre-surgical testing patients may have one support person to accompany them (subject to screening upon arrival);
- Day Surgery and Main OR patients may have one visitor;
- Bingo for patients resumes;
- Professional students return.
- 6/19/20 COVID-19 screening tent is closed.
- 6/16/20 Childbirth and parenting classes are canceled through July.
- 6/08/20 The Alternative Care Site at NHTI is closed.
- 6/02/20 Our Gift shop is re-opened. The hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 am to 2 pm.
- 6/01/20 Our Laboratory Services located in the CH Medical Office Building at 1990 Dover Road in Epsom is re-opened. The Memorial Lab Site has temporarily reduced hours beginning June 1. The hours are Monday - Friday from 7 am - 3:30 pm and Saturday 7 am - 12 noon. We expect this change may last 4-6 weeks.
Donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We've experienced challenges obtaining PPE supplies, not unlike any other institution. We're fortunate to have longstanding, trusted relationships with resources and vendors who have assisted the Hospital in procuring PPE supplies amid worldwide shortages. Until supply chains across the country are able to catch up with demand, we're relying on our vendors, the State of New Hampshire and donations from community members to maintain a comfortable level of PPE supply.
Web Site Resources
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services is publishing community information and resources about COVID-19 on its Division of Public Health Services Web page. We encourage community members to visit the DHHS and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Web sites for COVID-19 information.
To protect the health and safety of patientsand staff we are restricting patient visitors with these exceptions:Patients at End-of-Life – ONE visitor at a time;Emergency Department – ONE visitorPediatrics – ONE parent or guardian only;Maternity/Patients on The Family Place – ONE support person