Concord Hospital Memorial Medical Office Building West
On June 29, Concord Hospital will be cutting the ceremonial ribbon to open a new wing to its Memorial Medical Office Building, offering an efficient layout to support team-based care, enhanced exam and procedure rooms, centralized registration on each floor and a new café.
The state-of-the-art Memorial Medical Office Building West on the Concord Hospital campus will be home to nine Concord Hospital and Concord Hospital Medical Group (CHMG) practices, the Orthopaedic Surgery Center in partnership with Concord Orthopaedics, PA. and Concord Eye Surgery, LLC, in partnership with Concord Ophthalmology Associates.
“The new West wing of our Memorial Medical Office Building will enable Concord Hospital to meet increasing patient demand for primary care, specialty and subspecialty services from our exceptional medical providers who are in high demand in practices that have outgrown their current locations,” said Robert P. Steigmeyer, Concord Hospital President and Chief Executive Officer. “In their new location, our medical providers will be able to accommodate patients from the Capital area and beyond.”
Practice Move Dates & Name Changes
Practices will move into the new space in June and July. Many practice names have also changed.
Memorial Medical Office Building West will include:
- Concord Hospital Internal Medicine, formerly CHMG Internal Medicine, open June 29, Floor 2;
- Concord Hospital Anticoagulation Clinic-Internal Medicine, open June 29, Floor 2;
- Concord Hospital Urologic Institute, formerly Concord Hospital Center for Urologic Care, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Pelvic Medicine, formerly Concord Hospital Center for Urologic Care’s Pelvic Medicine, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Obstetrics & Gynecology, formerly CHMG Concord Obstetrics & Gynecology, open July 13, Floor 1;
- Concord Hospital Cardiology, former Concord Hospital Cardiac Associates, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Cardiothoracic Surgery, formerly CHMG Cardiothoracic Surgery, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, formerly CHMG Concord Pulmonary Medicine, open July 27, Ground Floor;
- Concord Hospital Neurology, formerly CHMG Neurology Associates, open July 27, Ground Floor.
Find out what parking lot to use if you have an appointment at a practice located in the Memorial or Pillsbury Medical Office Buildings.
View Parking Map
Concord Eye Surgery, LLC will open its new location in September 2020 and the Orthopaedic Surgery Center will open its new location in December 2020.
Medical providers worked closely with designers to create a space that meets the varied needs of specific practices with increased efficiency for patients and providers. New team rooms in each practice include shared workspace for physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, medical assistants and patient care coordinators to improve communications and collaboration to support patient needs. The clinic spaces were also designed with flex space in-between practices so practices can access additional exam rooms as their neighboring practices' schedules allow, minimizing wait times. The Hospital has been conscientious of environmental impact with the building which features:
- State-of-the-art glass with automatic shading to help conserve energy;
- Use of steam from the existing steam plant to support the heating system;
- LED lighting and lighting control throughout the building;
- Converting some instruments/supplies that require sterilization to disposable instruments that can be recycled;
- Advanced building automation system which controls temperatures in the space and setbacks when unoccupied.
Construction began on the 147,000 square-foot West wing in April 2018 and will be completed on schedule. The new wing includes 147 exam rooms – which provides practices 48 percent more capacity to serve patients. The design includes room for future expansion if needed.
Memorial Medical Office Building West was designed by LaVallee Brensinger Architects and constructed by Harvey Construction.