HIMSS Analytics Honors Concord Hospital and Concord Hospital Medical Group with Stage 6 Recognition
As of February 2018, 1,893 (34 percent) of the more than 5,400 U.S. hospitals and 10,800 ambulatory/outpatient sites tracked by HIMSS Analytics, have achieved Stage 6
HIMSS Analytics announced Concord Hospital has achieved Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption ModelSM (EMRAM) and Concord Hospital Medical Group has achieved Stage 6 on the Outpatient EMR Adoption ModelSM (OEMRAM).
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 and the Outpatient EMR Adoption Model in 2012 as methodology for evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals and ambulatory facilities in the HIMSS Analytics® LOGIC™. Tracking their progress in completing eight stages (0-7), hospitals and ambulatory sites can review the implementation and utilization of information technology applications with the intent of reaching Stage 7, which represents an advanced electronic patient record environment.
Stage 6 hospitals and ambulatory facilities:
- Have made significant executive commitments and investments to reach this stage;
- Appear to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment;
- Have almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they have implemented their Information Technology (IT) applications across most of the inpatient and outpatient care settings;
- Are either starting to evaluate their data for care delivery process improvements or have already documented significant improvements in this area;
- Have made investments that are within reach of most hospitals/clinics and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the Electronic Health Record (EHR);
- Have begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment, patient engagement and population health;
- Are well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders, such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers, and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.
Stage 6 hospitals/organizations also have achieved a significant advancement in their IT capabilities that positions them to successfully address many of the current industry transformations, such as meaningful use criteria in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, claims attachments for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, pay for performance and government quality reporting programs.
“Concord Hospital and Concord Hospital Medical Group achieved Stage 6 by replacing existing clinical IT applications with an integrated, enterprise-wide electronic health record,” said Deane Morrison, Concord Hospital Chief Information Officer. “Our new platform ensures every provider and staff member has a comprehensive view of our patient’s health appropriate for his or her role. It also provides us with the tools we will need as we move into the world of population health where we are not only responsible for reactive care but also for the provision of proactive care.”
“HIMSS Analytics congratulates Concord Hospital and Concord Hospital Medical Group for making significant progress towards achieving advanced health IT adoption,” said John H. Daniels, CNM, FACHE, FHIMSS, CPHIMS, Global Vice President, HIMSS Analytics. “Stage 6 represents a level of sophistication that can lead to innovative healthcare transformation.”
About HIMSS Analytics
HIMSS Analytics is a global healthcare advisor, providing guidance and market intelligence solutions that move the industry forward with insight to enable better health through the use of IT. As a trusted healthcare research and advisory firm, the industry depends on HIMSS Analytics’ resources, benchmarks, predictive models and assessment tools to improve decision making regarding their IT strategic roadmap and market strategy. HIMSS Analytics is uniquely positioned and differentiated through its industry-focused offerings, which include its Healthcare IT market intelligence tool, Healthcare IT insights and Healthcare IT benchmarks and services. The LOGIC market intelligence tool has the largest technology data set with unmatched breadth and depth needed for guiding healthcare IT strategies. HIMSS Analytics research and advisory consultants uncover unique insights on how to optimally use IT to tackle today’s healthcare challenges faced by both healthcare delivery organizations and IT companies. Its EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM) provides a strategic roadmap and guidance along an 8-stage model with comparisons to healthcare organizations in the same country and around the world.
HIMSS Analytics, a wholly owned subsidiary of HIMSS, is the healthcare research and advisory firm for healthcare delivery organizations, IT companies, governmental entities, and financial, pharmaceutical, consulting and emerging technology solution partners worldwide. Visit himssanalytics.org for more information.