Breast Care Center
Find out what breast cancer screening is best for you.
We provide services for all aspects of your breast health and breast cancer concerns and problems including, lumps, pain, nipple discharge, abnormal mammogram or ultrasound, risk assessment, genetic counseling, and history of cancer.
Our Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), which means we have met all of NAPBC's standards for Center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- Diagnosis (ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided needle biopsies);
- Imaging (digital mammography, ultrasound and MRI);
- Treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation oncology, sentinel lymph node biopsy, axillary lymph node dissection);
- Genetic evaluation (risk assessment, testing, counseling)
- Rehabilitation (lymphedema screening and treatment);
- Patient navigation (guiding patients through the complex cancer care system to ensure timely diagnosis and treatment);
- Clinical trials, research and quality studies;
- Community education and screening. (Support groups facilitated by a nurse practitioner and counselor, and lending print, video and audio materials.)
Our Genetic Counseling Program is in collaboration with NH Oncology-Hematology (NHOH), and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). DFCI genetic counselors are available to provide consultation to our patients, along with input from an NHOH physician. All cases are reviewed by the team at DFCI's Cancer Risk & Prevention Program.