Call (603) 230-5600 to schedule an appointment.
Our Rehabilitation Services physical and occupational therapists work with all types of orthopaedic patients from elite athletes to injured workers to seniors on an inpatient and outpatient basis, to improve strength, range of motion, balance, gait coordination, and to maximize each individual's ability to perform activities of daily living and return to their prior level of function.
Our therapists’ role with orthopaedic patients include:
- Conducting a thorough assessment and evaluation to identify treatment goals;
- Helping achieve the ability to function at one's highest potential and adapt to physical limitations caused by injury, disease or surgery;
- Working with care coordinators and home care agencies to set-up nurse and rehab services visits, if rehabilitation services are needed after leaving the Hospital;
- Performing a pre-surgery assessment of the home environment (for patients undergoing certain procedures) to provide suggestions on how to make the home as safe as possible following surgery;
- Talking with families about the important role they play in the recovery process;
- Utilizing the latest evidence to design effective therapy plans of care focusing on optimal outcomes.
Our therapists are passionate about orthopaedic care and are committed to the excellence our patients have come to expect from The Orthopaedic Institute.