Multiple Sclerosis Specialty Care Program
Call your primary care provider for a referral.
Our program provides a comprehensive approach to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) care that focuses on the whole person (body, mind, emotions and environment) and emphasizes intervention, prevention and education.
A neurologist, mental health specialist, nurse, nurse practioner, physical therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, nutritionist, as well as medical assistants, peer volunteers and National Multiple Sclerosis Society representatives make-up our multidisciplinary team of MS specialists. Together they provide expert consultations and diagnostic evaluations, manage disease modifying therapies, and provide comprehensive symptom management, education, and health counseling. They also coordinate referrals for wellness and rehabilitation services as needed.
The MS Speciality Care Program at Concord Neurology Associates is a proud member of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC).
- Neurological evaluations, diagnostic consultations and symptom treatments;
- Disease modifying therapy and intrathecal baclofen (ITB) therapy;
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy;
- Nutrition evaluations and counseling with a registered dietitian;
- Behavioral health evaluation and treatment services, including brief cognitive assesments, medication management, counseling, and behavioral self-mangement skills training, including sleep hygiene, energy conservation, and basic cognitive compensatory skills.
- Social services evaluation and assistance;
- Disability and insurance counseling;
- Access to support groups certified by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Our team is involved in MS related outreach, education and advocacy efforts across New England and the country including regular participation in:
- Patient and provider education programs;
- Support group educational sessions;
- Educational sessions and lectures facilitated by leading MS organizations;
- Journey of Hope, an annual fundraiser to benefit MS research, patient educational and wellness programs.
Interactive Tools & Resources