Call (603) 227-7111 for more information.
Our cardiac rehabilitation service is a caring, medically supervised education and comprehensive wellness program that helps cardiac patients recover from a heart attack, other forms of heart disease or surgery to treat heart disease.
Our physical therapists work with cardiac patients to:
- Improve physical fitness and exercise tolerance;
- Increase one's knowledge of heart disease;
- Promote a heart-healthy lifestyle to decrease the likelihood of future cardiac events;
- Increase confidence and ability to return to employment and independent living.
Components of cardiac rehabilitation include:
- Individual assessment and educational session with a member of the cardiac rehabilitation team to determine appropriateness;
- Telemetry-monitored group exercise sessions supervised by an exercise specialist;
- Relaxation/stress reduction training;
- Educational sessions focusing on heart-healthy nutrition, stress management, physical and psychosocial risk factors for heart disease, and the benefits of exercise for patient and family;
- Individual nutrition counseling.
Ongoing cardiac rehabilitation services are available to program graduates. A maintenance exercise program, designed specifically for people with a history of heart disease, is available. Exercise instructors have CPR certification and are educated in leading exercise classes for individuals with heart disease.