Heart Wellness Program
Call (603) 230-6175 for more information.
Our Heart Wellness Program focuses on educating and teaching patients self-management skills and strategies to help them live with heart failure.
Our comprehensive approach addresses patients' needs during and after a hospitalization. Services include:
- Evaluation and consultation during hospitalization;
- Individualized patient education during hospitalization including: medications, diet, managing symptoms, and exercise;
- Routine telephone calls to patients by registered nurses following discharge;
- Intervention and follow-up if symptoms worsen;
- Education and support programs;
- Quarterly newsletter.
The Heart Wellness Program team includes nurses with specialized education in heart failure management, dietitians, physical therapists, and social workers. We work with patients to ensure they are receiving appropriate medications based on national guidelines, as well as help them recognize symptoms and seek treatment quickly to improve long-term quality of life and avoid a hospital readmission.
Our Heart Wellness Education Program, facilitated by a heart wellness nurse, features a different guest speaker each month. Topics range from nutrition and exercise, to medications and the latest congestive heart failure therapies.