For more information call (603) 415-6602; TTY (603) 227-7033; VP (603) 565-4660.
Our Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program provides patients and companions immediate and equal access to appropriate and effective assistive communication services and devices. Our Program Coordinator serves as an advocate for patients and companions who have communication needs and is also a resource for staff. Additionally, patients and their companions have access to a form listing our assistive services/aides and devices, which they can complete and give to medical staff upon their arrival, to indicate the services or devices they wish to use during their visit.
American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
Telephone Interpreting Services (for foreign languages)
- Regular or printable TTY telecommunication device
- Amplified listening device (i.e., Pocket Talker)
- Hearing aid compatible big button phone (Braille, strobe light and volume control)
- Special nurse call bell (blow, squeeze, touch, air)
- Baby cry alarm (inpatient only and located in The Family Place and Pediatric units)
- Alerting devices for phone and/or door
- Deaf and hard of hearing door sign
- Page magnifier for visually impaired
- Dry erase board
- Pictogram book
- Public videophone available for use in the family surgical waiting area on second floor