Read our nondiscrimination notice.
If you are a patient or visitor with communication needs, our Language Services & Accessibility Program provides you with immediate and equal access to appropriate and effective assistive communication services and devices. Our Program Administrator serves as an advocate for you and your companions who have communication needs and is also a resource for staff. Additionally, you have access to a form listing our assistive services/aides and devices, which you can complete and give to medical staff upon your arrival, to indicate the services or devices you wish to use during your visit.
- Regular or printable TTY telecommunication device
- Amplified listening device (i.e., Pocket Talker)
- Hearing aid compatible big button phone (Braille, strobe light and volume control)
- Special nurse call bell (blow, squeeze, touch, air)
- Baby cry alarm (inpatient only and located in The Family Place and Pediatric units)
- Alerting devices for phone and/or door
- Deaf/hard of hearing/visually impaired door sign
- Page magnifier for visually impaired
- Dry erase board
- Pictogram book
- Public videophone available for use in the family surgical waiting area on second floor
- Translated documents in top languages
For more information call (603) 415-6602; TTY (603) 227-7033; VP (603) 565-4660.