Safe & Effective Care
- Concord Hospital Qtr 1 2014* - 95%
- Top 10% of Hospitals** - seasonal
Central Line-Related Blood Stream Infections
Central line-related blood stream infections (BSI) are infections that occur when bacteria grow in a central venous catheter or line. Patients who need frequent intravenous medications, blood, fluid replacement and/or nutrition may have a central venous catheter placed into one of their veins. An infection rate is determined by dividing the number of infections by the number of catheter days. When evaluating rates, a low number is better than a high one.
Concord Hospital compares its central line-related BSI rates to a benchmark rate calculated by the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System (NNIS).
Questions You Can Ask the Care Team to Help Prevent BSI:
- Watch the health care team to make sure members wash their hands before and after working with the patient. Feel comfortable asking them to wash their hands.
- Before agreeing to a line ask the following questions: Which vein will you use to put in the line? How will you clean the skin once the line is inserted? What steps are you taking to lower the risk of infection?
We welcome your comments and questions about the information on this page. Please use our Web site feedback form to contact us or call (603) 225-2711 ext. 3311.
- Concord Hospital Qtr 1 2015*** - 0.00% n=0/d=544
Colon Surgery Infections
- Concord Hospital Qtr 1 2015*** - 3.6% n=1/d=28
Knee Replacement Surgery Infections
- Concord Hospital Qtr 1 2015*** - 0.6% n=1/d=181
Cardiac Surgery Infections
- Concord Hospital Qtr 4 2014*** - 8.3% n=2/d=24
Inpatient Overall Rating of Care
Patients rated their overall satisfaction with a visit to Concord Hospital using a scale of very good (100) to poor (0).
- Concord Hospital 2014 - 2015**** - 93.6
Inpatient Overall Rating of Likelihood of Recommending Concord Hospital to Others
Patients rated the likelihood of recommending Concord Hospital using a scale of very good (100) to poor (0).
- Concord Hospital 2014 - 2015**** - 93.5
*The percentages and scores displayed represent Concord Hospital data for the time period of January - March 2015.
** The benchmark rates are from the most recent HQA Preview Report for 2015.
***The infection occurrences represent Concord Hospital data for the time period of January - March 2015.
**** Patient satisfaction scores represent Concord Hospital data for the time period of February - April 2015. This is the most recent data available for posting.
If you have questions or feedback about our data, you may contact us via our Web site feedback form or by calling (603) 227-7000 ext. 7245.